Who is the controller?
Shirley Jaffrey t/a The Aftercare Company is responsible for this privacy notice. These legal entities are referred to as “we” or us” in this document. You can contact us at the address listed at the end of this privacy notice
What information we collect and why?
When you place an order, you are required to give your name, email address, telephone number, billing and delivery address. This information is required to process your order. We use this information to fulfil your order and we pass only the relevant information to our delivery provider so they can deliver your order.
During the purchasing process, you will be presented with the option to set up a personal account. If you choose to do so, we will ask for additional information, such as setting up a personal password and subscriptions to commercial communications. We only use your data for this purpose if you have given your consent to set up a personal account.
At no time do we use or sell your information to third party vendors, companies, or associates.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
We always respect your privacy and only ever use the information provided on our site to process your order.
This site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site and understanding how visitors use the Site. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
We must process your personal data in order to process your payment if you buy something with us. Your data will be shared by the payment service providers we partner with. These payments service providers are also a data controller in relation to your data used for payment purposes. If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by the payment service providers, please contact the payment service providers directly. More information about the payment service providers and the way they use your personal data, can be found here.
We do not collect information related to the payment instrument that you use, e.g. credit card information ourselves. This information is processed solely by our payment service provider and by the providers of the payment instruments subject to strict information security assurances. We have this check performed to protect our legitimate business interest to prevent fraud and financial loss, or comply with our legal obligations.
We protect the security of your information during transmission using secure sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you provide to us to purchase the products required. Your credit card information is passed immediately using SSL to the credit card processor who will process your payment.
Once your credit/debit card/payment information is passed for processing we hold no information on your card number, expiry dates except for the last four digits of your credit/ debit card, which is used when confirming an order. This is an automated process using SSL
Should you have any queries regarding the safety of the information you provide please contact Shirley Jaffrey by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 0151 355 3000
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Your data protection rights
- Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by writing to us
The Aftercare Company
Unit 32 Flexspace
North Road, Ellesmere Port,
Or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at The Aftercare Company, Unit 32 Flexspace, North Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 1AE. Or by Email: email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk